Summer heat is here! One of the simplest ways to beat the heat in the summer is to
cook outside. When you cook outside on the grill, you don’t heat up your home and
your air conditioner doesn’t have to work so hard to cool things off. It’s actually
very energy efficient! A lot of people don’t think they can grill if they live in an
apartment, but that’s not the case for all communities. Here are a few grills to keep
in mind when you’re searching for the perfect place to BBQ this summer. (Be sure to
check your community’s guidelines before searching!)
A 20lb. steel tank typically holds about 4.7 gallons of propane. Some companies
offer a service where you can trade your empty used tanks for filled ones. If you’re a
member of a wholesale club, you can take your empty tank there to fill it cheaper.
- Heats up fast
- Easy to clean
- More control over temperature
- More expensive
- Usually takes up more space
- Requires refillable tanks
If you’re a traditionalist when it comes to your BBQ food, this is the grill for you!
- Infuses foods with a smoky flavor
- Ability to sear and blacken foods
- Usually the cheapest
- Can be made smaller so they’re easier to transport
- They usually need quite a bit longer to heat up properly.
- Burns hotter and harder to control
- Can’t be turned off
Electric grills are the safest of these options. They are also the ones that are most
likely to be allowed by your rental community.
- Heats quickly
- The only fuel required is an electrical outlet.
- Perfect if your only outdoor space is a small balcony
- No smoky flavor
- Doesn’t get hot enough to sear or blacken food
Let Harborside Village Be Your Apartment Home!
Whether you need your very first apartment home or are relocating to the area,
Apartments of Harborside Village would love to be your dream apartment home.
Looking for beautiful waterfront apartments in Joppa, Maryland? Let us show you
one of our spacious and affordable apartments at the Apartments of Harborside
To learn more about our apartment options, visit us online, give us a call at 410-
679-1130, or email us.
For a peek into what it’s like to live in our community, follow us on Facebook,
Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, and YouTube!